When you just say “berries” it’s already hard to say something bad. Because it’s berries. Who doesn’t love them?! You will want to look only for advantages. Obviously, the fact that the acai super fruit belongs to the super fruits is not for nothing.
Let’s name some of acai berries’ benefits and advantages and how it deals with Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Who will definitely find benefits
- athletes, MMA and BJJ practitioners
- and people who are actively involved in fitness, yoga, etc.
- all fans of healthy eating
- and, of course, for all berry fans
At some point, you may be challenged with how to pronounce acai berry. Don’t be afraid to get into this phonetic trap. No special skills are required. The acai super fruit pronunciation is as follows:
[ah-sah-EE]back to menu ↑
Where do acai berries grow?
The Açaí berry is the fruit of an acai palm tree that grows in the jungle of the Amazon or Amazonia in Brazil.
This tropical super-fruit berry grows in nature near the equator.back to menu ↑
What does acai taste like?
Shortly: Acai has a sweet and sour taste and red-purple color.
Acai has this unique combo of berry goodness with a hint of chocolatey richness. It’s like nature’s own dessert, blending sweet and slightly tart notes that dance on your taste buds.
The texture is smooth, almost like a velvety sorbet, making it a delightful treat that’s also good for you. It’s a bit like blueberries, raspberries, and a touch of dark chocolate.back to menu ↑
Pitaya vs acai – What is the difference?
Pitaya versus acai – the ultimate battle of the exotic berries.
First off, let’s talk looks. Pitaya is a real showstopper with its hot pink or yellow skin and speckled insides filled with tiny black seeds. It’s like a fruit superhero in a tropical cape. Acai, on the other hand, is the mysterious dark knight – small, dark purple, and packed with antioxidants.
- Now, onto the taste test. Pitaya is this refreshing burst of mild sweetness, kind of like a kiwi-strawberry mix. Imagine sipping on a tropical smoothie with pitaya, and it’s like an instant vacation for your taste buds.
- Acai, though, brings a more complex flavor profile to the table. It’s a bit like a berry symphony with a hint of chocolate – totally unique and oh-so-addictive. You might find it in smoothie bowls, blending seamlessly with other fruits and toppings, creating a flavor masterpiece.
But here’s the kicker – pitaya is more about the crunch, with those tiny seeds giving it a poppy texture. Acai, on the flip side, is all about that velvety, smooth goodness, almost like a guilt-free dessert.
So, in the great pitaya versus acai showdown, it really comes down to your flavor preference.
- Let’s dive into the pitaya corner first. This colorful contender is loaded with vitamin C, giving your immune system a serious boost. It’s also got a decent dose of fiber, keeping things moving smoothly in the digestion department. Plus, pitaya brings antioxidants to the ring, helping to fend off those nasty free radicals.
- Now, let’s switch gears to acai, the dark horse of the nutrient race. Acai is like the superhero of antioxidants, packing a punch that can rival some of the mightiest berries out there. It’s also got healthy fats – the good kind – that can do wonders for your heart.
When it comes to comparing the two, pitaya and acai are both low in calories but high in the good stuff your body craves. However, acai takes the lead in the antioxidant department, while pitaya brings that vitamin C game.
Think of it like this: pitaya is your go-to for a vitamin C power-up, while acai is the antioxidant champion, ready to defend your body from oxidative stress.
In the end, whether you choose pitaya or acai, you’re treating your body to a nutrient-packed delight. It’s a win-win for your health, and your taste buds will thank you for the fruity goodness!back to menu ↑
What is acai berry good for?
Locals have been using acai super fruit berries for decades in their diets.
Acai is also grown in Brazil. It is very popular in the diet of athletes – soccer players, Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighters, etc.back to menu ↑
Acai BJJ trend
The BJJ acai popularity among athletes is known already for a long time.
I was competing in the IBJJF European Championship in Portugal in 2020 as a blue belt. It was a very long day as I competed in two divisions – my weight division and the open class at the end of the day.
On the territory where the tournament was held the was a food point with acai bawls.
I guess no need to explain what a pleasure it was at the end of that hard day to enjoy the bowl of frozen acai sorbet with sweet granola.back to menu ↑
Does acai have any health benefits?
The “Brazilian berry”
- is popular for its tonic properties
- has the ability to remove toxins
- helps burn fat
- saturates the body and reduces the feeling of appetite (calorie content of berries ≈200 kcal)
The energy value of acai berries
Protein: 3.8 g
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 36.6 g
Contains a large number of vitamins of groups A and B, calcium, iron, and amino acids.
Calorie content – according to various sources, 165-240 kcal. So even a handful of berries can saturate for a long time.
- For comparison, the caloric content of popular fruits and vegetables (≈):
- orange – 41 kcal
- apple – 44 kcal
- banana – 85 kcal
- avocado – 160 kcal
- grapes – 65 kcal
Are acai bowls healthy?
Acai bowls are like the superheroes of healthy eats, packing a punch of nutrients and flavor. Picture this: a velvety, smooth blend of acai berries topped with a colorful array of fresh fruits, granola, and maybe a sprinkle of nuts or seeds.
The toppings in an acai bowl add another layer of nutritional goodness. Fresh fruits bring a burst of vitamins and minerals, granola adds crunch and fiber, and nuts or seeds contribute healthy fats and protein.
But, here’s the kicker – moderation is key. While acai bowls are a nutrient-packed treat, they can sometimes hide sneaky added sugars, especially in store-bought versions. So, if you’re whipping up your own bowl or grabbing one from a reliable source, you’re golden.
Think of it as a delicious way to fuel your body with the good stuff. Acai bowls can be a fantastic part of a balanced diet, especially if you customize them with a variety of nutritious toppings. So, go ahead, dive into that bowl of goodness guilt-free and savor the healthiness!back to menu ↑
Popular products made with acai super fruit berry
- Strawberry acai refresher. It’s a popular Starbucks beverage with acai berry.
Starbucks acai refresher ingredients: Ice, Strawberry Acai Base (Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Natural Green Coffee Flavor, Fruit And Vegetable Juice, Rebaudioside-a), Freeze-dried Strawberries.
2. Chocolate covered acai berries
3. Acai bowl. The acai bowls you can make at home
Very easy acai bowl recipe:
- acai sorbet
- granola or nuts
Or just google “acai bowl near me” to find a local cafe with a ready-to-go acai bowl. Also, you can visit your Costco store to get the Costco acai bowl frozen 6 bowls pack.
Usually, shops and pharmacies offer acai in the form of dietary supplements containing berries in powder form. However, it is obvious that the best beneficial elements of berries are absorbed by the body precisely fresh, in the form of juice or frozen pulp (sorbet).
The frozen sorbet of acai berries is a good variant for long-term storage.
Acai puree is a source of vitamins and minerals, and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. It’s organic nutrition for athletes and people leading an active lifestyle.